Saturday 10 May 2014

The Unsaid

Break ups are tough, especially those relationships when you thought that you were done with search of all next lives. I can't help writing down the last Wednesday. Like one of the regular days when I get back from office with 'What a waste of life' expression. Working your ass off against 750 bucks a month is not passable sometimes. 
I entered home with wrinkled forehead, carrying heavy files in my left arm, checking my whatsapp messages on the phone in my right hand. My whatsapp works only when I get into the wifi zone of my place.
Mom was watching T.V. in the room, one of the very rare times when I see her body at rest.
"Edha beta, Come join me" she said wanting me to agree or even atleast disagree.
"Hmmm" I left for my room making a meaningless sound like every other time when I'm not in a mood to reply.
I went back to her within two minutes to avoid the unnecessary thoughts that I'd be having sitting in my room, alone.
"Come here" she spreads her left arm sitting on the bed, half lying.
I sit and let half of me disappear in there.
"How was the day?" she asked not looking at me, but the LED screen.
"Fine" I said,with the not in a mood to talk tone.
I was feeling way too weak, so I slid down and kept my head in her lap. She welcomed.
"You know what?" She said brushing my long hair with her fingers.
"Hmm" I said, suggesting her to continue.
"You're one of the best things that ever happened to us" she said out of being the mother to me.
I kind of ignored.
"Anyone who can see you smile, has his ears working to hear your shrill voice and can feel the skin of your palm," she kept her hand on mine, which I had put on my stomach, "would never deny your camaraderie, no matter how tough you are" and continued, conveying the fact that she can see through my eyes and land in my heart to see what I am going through, like every mother in the world.
"How could you even for a moment think that I'd let you marry a blind deaf?" she took the veil down
 between two of us about something I could never share with her.
I broke down, inside.
A silence crept in the room for next forty seconds.
 I hadn't felt this light in past 3 months.
"Maa What would I do without you?" I finally said something, with tears dying to come out of my eyes.
She smiled tapping my hand, telling me that I was stupid for saying that. I smiled back, hopelessly.
She returned back to watching her one of the Peace of mind channels. I shifted my my eyes there too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

story of evry mum n child !
evryone passes thru this moment atleast once !!!
loved it !!
-Purnima Chauhan

FACTS OF LIFE said...

Hmm...